Busy urgent care facilities in need of a part-time or full-time medical assistant to work along side providers and radiology technologists fulfilling duties in both the front and back office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Obtain patient history, assess/triage patient, measure vital signs, record information on chart, administer injections, administer medications, eye and ear irrigation, dress/bandage wounds and incisions, assist provider with procedures.
- Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, peak flow and inhalation treatment equipment.
- Perform CLIA‐waived lab tests, draw blood, and collect, label, and process specimens for send‐out.
- Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used. Perform patient call backs, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow‐up appointments. Monitor disposable inventory and place orders for medical supplies.
- Perform quality checks on medical equipment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of accredited program for Medical Assisting/LPN-LVN, preferred.
- One year medical experience.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- BLS certification.
- Ability to work all shifts including day, night, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to escort or transport patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with the public in a high‐pressure environment.
- Pass criminal background check and drug test
Why Work For Arlington Health?
Immediate openings, family-owned, great benefits, and room for growth!